Dental Implants at CFD Leigh
Date: 23 July 2019 Category: Practice News
Losing a tooth isn’t the end of your smile. If you’re looking to restore missing teeth, dental implants can be a great way to achieve this. A dental implant is used to support one or more false teeth. It is a titanium screw that can replace the root of a tooth when it fails. It’s fixed in place and then a false tooth goes over it. Dental implants are a safe and well-established treatment that are increasing in popularity as they don’t have the disadvantages that dentures can sometimes bring.
Centre for Dentistry Leigh provides dental implants and, with their main focus on patient care and service, patients can rest assured they will be supported every step of the way. Access to 0% finance options are also available to help spread the cost of treatment over 12 months or less.
Benefits of dental implants
Implants have many benefits:
- No cavities can occur in an implanted tooth, but they do still need to be checked regularly and treated as normal teeth would be.
- You can clean your teeth as normal with an implant fitted, instead of keeping them in a pot as you would with dentures.
- Dental implants are known to be the strongest device to help support replacement teeth, often materials such as titanium and other strong metals are used.
- Eating is not restricted once an implant has been fitted, however this differs with dentures.
Meet your Implant Dentist
Krish is experienced in the surgical and restorative aspects of dental implants. He qualified from Manchester University in 2007, and since then he has been dedicated to providing the highest standards of care to his patients. In 2009-2010 he completed three year-long training programmes in restorative and implant dentistry in Manchester with specialist prosthodontist Dr Paul Tipton, and was also awarded the Diploma of Membership of the Joint Dental Faculties of the Royal College of Surgeons. He then continued with a further degree in Aesthetic Dental Implantology at the University of Central Lancashire, leading to the award of Master of Science, with Merit, in 2014.
I’m interested in an implant – what now?
If your dentist does suggest you consider implants, we recommend you booking in for a consultation with our Implant Dentist Krish, who can talk you through the best options for restoring your smile and what the procedure entails. The practice has upcoming clinics over the summer on the following dates:
- 23rd July 2019 – 2:00pm – 8:00pm
- 24th July 2019 – 9:00am – 12:00pm
- 20th August 2019 – 2:00pm – 8:00pm
- 17th September 2019 – 2:00pm – 8:00pm
- 15th October 2019 – 2:00pm – 8:00pm
- 12th November 2019 – 2:00pm – 8:00pm
- 10th December 2019 – 2:00pm – 8:00pm
You can book your consultation at CFD Leigh by calling the team on 0161 207 0002, emailing email@example.com or filling out the form below.