Centre for Dentistry is committed to ensuring that your data is secure and your privacy is protected.
About Centre for Dentistry
We’re Centre for Dentistry (CFD), a national dental chain based in selected Sainsbury’s stores across the UK providing the highest standards of patient care and clinical standards in dentistry. Find out more about us.
CFD is a limited company, registered in England & Wales No. 07772459. The registered office address is: 3rd Floor Chancery House, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 1JB. The CFD Head Office address is: Carriage Court, 22 Circus Mews, Bath, BA1 2PW.
Ensuring Data Security
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. In order to prevent un-authorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
All CFD staff have a legal duty to respect the confidentiality of your information, and access to your confidential information is restricted only to those who have a reasonable need to access it.
When using our website, the URL starts with ‘https’ and you should see a padlock symbol, which means your data should be encrypted when it is sent from your computer to our server.
How / When We Collect Information
You might provide us with your contact information when you use our services, submit an enquiry to us via a form on our website or you have an interaction with our team (be that online, via social media, over the phone or in person). You may also enter a competition or participate in a marketing activity.
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you create an online account, request information/a call about our services, or register to receive our newsletter.
Personal Information We Collect
The personal information we collect and hold may include the following information:
- Basic details such as your name, address, contact details, nominated individual
- Contact information (including email address)
- Details of contact we have had with you
- Details of services you have received
- Sensitive personal information eg. medical history
- Clinical notes and reports about your oral health and any treatment you have had or require
- Information about complaints and incidents
- Website usage information about what pages are accessed and when, device and browser data from the device and application you use to access our services
- If you make an online booking with CFD, you are required to process a payment. Your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions, as explained below in the “Who has access to my information?” section.
- Information from third parties – We collect your contact information from third parties if you give permission to those third parties to share your details with us – for example you submit an enquiry via a ‘treatment finder’ website and have requested information about CFD services.
Confidential and Medical Information
The confidentiality of your personal information is of paramount concern to CFD. Your confidential medical information will only be disclosed to those directly involved with your treatment or care, or in accordance with UK law and guidelines from professional bodies, or for the purposes of clinical audit.
Using your information
We may use your information to:
- respond to an enquiry you have made;
- provide the requested dental services to you and carry out our obligations from any agreements entered into by you and us;
- provide appointment reminders;
- contact you by email, phone or text to ensure we fulfil our duty of care to you;
- maintain internal records;
- improve the information provided on our website;
- seek your feedback or comments on your experiences to help us improve our service to you and other patients;
- notify you of important changes to our services;
- send you relevant communications, which you have opted in to receive, using the email address that you have provided.
Who has access to your information?
Centre for Dentistry is committed to ensuring that your confidential data is secure and your privacy is both respected and protected.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Your Nominated Individual: We may liaise with your nominated individual where you have provided your consent.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf: We may pass your information to third party service providers for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (eg. local dental labs, to process payments and send you mailings). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is absolutely necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own marketing purposes.
When you are using our secure online booking pages, your booking deposit payment is processed by a third party payment processor, who specialises in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, please contact us.
CCTV is used at some CFD sites, within the reception area, for the purposes of crime prevention and public safety. Signs are clearly displayed within the relevant practices. Images are used for maintaining the security of property and premises and for preventing and investigating crime, looking after our patients and colleagues when carrying out work duties. For these reasons the information processed may include visual images, personal appearance and behaviours. This information may be about staff, customers and clients, members of the public and those inside, entering or in the immediate vicinity of the area under surveillance. Where necessary or required by law this information is shared with the data subjects themselves, employees and agents, services providers, police forces, security organisations and persons making an enquiry.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest, run by other organisations. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you would like to be contacted for marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time and update your communication preferences by speaking to your practice directly or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as is necessary and in accordance with UK law.
Please direct any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices to:
You have legal rights to request information on the data we hold and to obtain its correction, update, amendment or deletion in appropriate circumstances. If you would like to request a copy of the information we hold about you, please contact us on the above details.
We may also ask you to provide additional documentation to confirm your identity or, if you are seeking to access personal information of another individual, proof of their consent or your legal right to receive their personal information.
This information will be provided free of charge by secure email. We may charge a small amount for providing you with a hard copy of your personal information.
Review of this Policy
In circumstances where a change will materially change the way in which we collect or use your personal information or data, we will send a notice of this change. Otherwise, we provide links to this page wherever we ask for information so you should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy. This Policy was last updated on 30th January 2019.