Would you like a straighter smile?
Then look no further! Centre for Dentistry offers orthodontic treatment at many of our Practices. We employ orthodontic specialists who can treat adult and children’s teeth and, for milder adult cases, many of our dentists are trained in Six Month Smiles, a faster, more discrete way to achieve straighter teeth.
Orthodontic treatment is about making the best of your teeth – improving the harmony of your mouth and jaws. Once you can bite together correctly, you can eat more comfortably and care for your teeth and gums more easily, and your smile will benefit greatly! With over 200,000 people in the UK having orthodontic treatment every year it is becoming increasingly popular with both adults and children. New treatments are available that make it easier, quicker, more affordable, and, with invisible braces, more discrete, for adults who would like slightly straighter teeth.
These are some of the benefits that orthodontic treatment can bring:
- Aligns your upper and lower teeth
- Corrects your bite so that your front teeth meet on closing and your back teeth mesh together
- Reduces your risk of potential damage to any prominent teeth
- Enhances your smile
- Accommodates any impacted, unerupted or displaced teeth you may have
- Prepares your teeth for advanced dental treatment, such as crowns, bridges or dental implants
- Reverses drifting of your teeth. Drifting can happen as you get older and/or if you have suffered from advanced gum disease.
One of our orthodontic specialists is Dr Omer Mustapha: ‘I can assess for and fit cosmetic fixed braces, lingual discreet braces and removable braces such as Invisalign. I also provide an initial free consultation for certain patients, including children who do not meet the criteria for orthodontics on the NHS, and adults wishing to have cosmetic braces for the first time’.
If you are interested in having orthodontic treatment for you or your child, please ask in your local practice about having an orthodontic assessment.